Where's Norma?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevinls

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  11:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just completed a crossword. It contained a clue. The clue read "Constellation in the southern hemisphere near to Scorpius and Ara". I had the letters N?R?A. I would usually know the answer to such a question. So, curiosity led me to find a list of constellations on the net and I got Norma. I had not heard of it before. I went to PocketStars to see where this constellation was. There is no reference to Norma in PS. Is there some kind of cut-off in PS for certain constellations or has official recognition of some names not been given?
Thanks to anybody who can provide an answer,

Kev

jaybo

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  03:39:51  Show Profile  Visit jaybo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the PDA version, I removed six small constellations which consisted of single lines just to reduce screen clutter - the preeminent challenge of designing for Pocket PC. These included Norma and Mensa. Unfortunately, this truncation migrated to the PC version also. The soon to be released SP version restores these six to their rightful place. Sorry for the hassle.

- Jay

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nomad Electronics © © 2000 - 2007 Nomad Electronics.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000